Sunday, May 17, 2009

Selling

I have given up on the Ebay monster. Just too cut throat/politcal/and oh everything else.. just plain Unfriendly. I have both Etsy and ArtFire stores. And even tho Art Fire is just getting started, the fee structure is the best for new artists/suppliers. They are both very easy to use, accept payments via paypal, then print your shipping labels directly from paypal. I buy big boxes of bubble mailers from Uline, scrounge bubble wrap and peanuts from everywhere. I did purchase a digital postage scale on ebay, A scale is a must.

As for photography. Well, honestly, it's hard. do you have a good digital camera? If not you need one. Then all I can say is read everything you can find, take a class, and practice, experiment with lighting and backgrounds...maybe a light tent... selling is expensive LOL... but not frightening, I actually enjoy the selling part. I guess you could say I get a sense of satisfaction packaging up my wares and sending them off.



My DH is puzzled by all this, he cannot fathom my enjoyment of the selling process. He looks, asks a question and walks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment